Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) is regarded as one of the richest economies. With high standard of living, the cosmetics market is lucrative in the country with immense demand for a wide-range of cosmetic products. Saudi Food and Drug Authority (SFDA) regulates the manufacture, import, distribution, sale and marketing of these products in the country.
All cosmetic products to be marketed in KSA must be notified to the SFDA through the agency’s electronic notification system eCOSMA. Further, a local affiliate (individual of Saudi origin or locally registered company) is mandatory for notification who will act as license holder on behalf of the product for foreign manufacturers. The local affiliate will be responsible for the entire process and will have the login credentials to eCOSMA. With HALAL restrictions imposed along with local language translation for labeling, accessing the market can be challenging for new market entrants.
To support manufacturers with registration / notification, Freyr offers Regulatory assistance inclusive of legal representation and eCOSMA notification services. To ensure HALAL restrictions and other regulations are duly met, Freyr extends support for formulation review, ingredient analysis, claims review, and translation of labeling text to Arabic without errors in context and content.
- Formulation Review
- Cosmetics Claims Review
- Labeling Review
- Translation into Arabic
- eCOSMA Notification
- Distributor Services
- Identification of Distributor
- Legal Representative Services
- Importer Services
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of cosmetics like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products
- Support for region specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong liaison with different Health Authorities
- Structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the cosmetic products