Safety has the utmost importance while formulating and marketing cosmetic products. Different countries have varied criteria for the safety assessment of cosmetic products. For instance, as per the European cosmetic regulation EU 1223/2009 mandate, a safety assessment is required for every cosmetic product placed in Europe and a detailed report called the ‘Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) should consequently be signed by a designated person. Preparation of the Cosmetic Product Safety Report is a highly technical activity which requires a thorough understanding of chemistry and toxicology. With updated rules and guidance, cosmetic safety assessment without conducting animal testing has gained significance.
Each region has their own set of rules for safety assessment. Safety Data Sheet (SDS) authoring should be done in line with United Nation’s Globally Harmonized System (GHS), to detail the dangers, composition, and safe handling and disposal of the chemicals and substances used in the cosmetic products. It is essential to outline SDS clearly for the retailers who carry these products.
Likewise, Turkey (which utilizes a format similar to that of the EU), ASEAN countries, China, and other parts of the world have their own technical requirements while preparing the safety documents of cosmetic products and ingredients used.
While helping manufacturers to navigate these procedural challenges, Freyr ,with a qualified team of safety assessors, also provides end-to-end cosmetic safety solutions like conducting cosmetic product safety assessment and preparing cosmetic safety assessment reports/CPSRs in line with the various cosmetic legislations of the EU, the US, Canada, ASEAN, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Turkey, Australia, China, etc. Freyr also provide services in preparation of general toxicological reports for the ingredients, preparation and pre-assessment of cosmetic data, as well as toxicological risk assessment, SDS authoring services and so on.
- Preparation of Toxicology Profile for Ingredients
- Toxicology Risk Assessment Report and Exposure Calculations to determine Margin of Safety (MoS) for finished cosmetic product ingredients
- Preparation of Cosmetic Product Safety Report(CPSR) as per Europe regulation 1223/2009 (Part A & Part B)
- SDS Authoring Services as per GHS standard format
- Qualified team of safety assessors
- Successful completion of safety assessment for 500+ products
- 350+ CPSR preparation for final cosmetic products
- Cost-effective solutions
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of cosmetics like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different Health Authorities (HAs)
- Structured approach to ensure quick market access