A health food is defined as any product that is derived from food sources that has additional health benefits including the prevention or treatment of diseases. The global health food market, by product type, can be segmented into several categories like health supplements, dietary supplements or food supplements/nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, food for special dietary uses, novel foods, etc.
Despite being on a growth curve, the health food market faces numerous challenges globally in terms of increasing regulations and complicated testing regimes. Right from the categorization of food supplements/nutraceuticals, dietary supplements, functional foods and foods for special dietary use to a variety of laws, health foods are being treated and governed differently from region to region. Apart from understanding these legislative requirements, implementing the Regulatory best practices may also pose a challenge for manufacturers globally.
Freyr offers a comprehensive range of services to health food companies to ensure their products meet the latest global Regulatory compliance requirements. With regional offices in Europe and North America as well as Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and Asia Pacific (APAC) nations in addition to a vast partner network spanning 120 countries, we are uniquely positioned to support Regulatory requirements for health food products globally.
Freyr offers in-time Regulatory support to clients and assists them in navigating through various procedural complexities pertaining to the food supplement/nutraceutical classification, registration and process clearances. We thus, enable them to market their products successfully without spending time in interpreting the complex regulations for these products.
- Regulatory intelligence
- Formulation review and product classification
- Labeling review
- Claims review
- Artwork and proofreading services
- Technical documents/dossier compilation
- Go-to-market services
- Food supplement/nutraceutical registration
- End-to-end Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of health foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, food supplements/nutraceuticals, health functional foods (HFF), health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc.
- Support for region-specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different Health Authorities (HAs)
- Structured approach to ensure quick market access