The Cosmetic Products Notification Portal (CPNP) is an online notification platform used to submit technical information related to cosmetic products to be marketed in the European Union (EU). The portal was introduced to implement the cosmetic product Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 across all the EU member states. As per the regulation, the designated Responsible Person (RP) is required to submit the product specifications along with the safety information through the CPNP. In case of any changes in the existing products in the market, like labeling changes or formulation changes, the RP must update the required information on the portal.
The CPNP is accessible to the following:
- Health Authorities
- European Poison Centers
- Responsible Persons for Cosmetic Products
- Cosmetic Product Distributors
Which information is required to be submitted?
- Name and category of the cosmetic product
- Name and address of the Responsible Person of the product
- In case of import, name of origin country
- Name of the member state where the product was first placed
- Contact details of point of contact in case of necessity
- Presence of substance material in the form of nanomaterial
- Information about Nano-sized substances
- Exposure conditions
- Name and CAS/EC number of Category 1A or 1B CMR substances
How to submit notification through CPNP?
1. Creating an ECAS Account
To notify a product through CPNP, user must have an ECAS (European Commission Authentication Service) account.
2. Accessing the Application
The users are required to make authorization requests for online notification through their ECAS accounts, by accessing the SAAS application. The application helps the users to carry out the notification and request access.
All the required information must be duly filled in the system as per the Article 13 of the Cosmetics Regulations No 1223/2009.
The purpose of online portals, such as CPNP, is to ensure that all the necessary information about a cosmetic product is easily available to the health authorities. To know more about CPNP and other similar online systems, reach out to Freyr at firstname.lastname@example.org.