The Korea Pharmaceutical and Bio-Pharma Manufacturers Association (KPBMA) is a Pharmaceutical industry organization in Korea. It is the largest pharmaceutical industry organization in Korea, with a membership that includes 174 domestic pharmaceutical firms and 21 multinational companies. The KPBMA is based in Seoul and has over one hundred and ninety (190) companies associated with it, including large pharmaceutical companies.
The KPBMA is rising as a global biopharmaceutical powerhouse based on its outstanding biotechnology infrastructure, advanced clinical study, and world-class IT capabilities.
The KPBMA has welcomed the government's designation of the biopharma industry as a national hi-tech strategic industry.
The KPBMA has vowed to focus on building an ecosystem to create new homegrown blockbuster drugs.
The primary objectives of the KPBMA are as follows:
- Promoting the Pharmaceutical Industry: The KPBMA aims to promote the growth and development of the pharmaceutical industry in Korea. It works towards creating favorable business environments for both domestic and multinational pharmaceutical companies through advocacy and policy initiatives.
- Leading Innovation in Digital and Bio-health: Through public-private partnerships, the KPBMA strives to spearhead digital and bio-health innovation in Korea, positioning the country as a global biopharmaceutical powerhouse.
- Providing Drug Information: The KPBMA's drug information service aims to provide precise and relevant information to government agencies, international organizations, and overseas companies related to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Supporting the Biopharma Sector: The KPBMA supports the government's move, work towards fostering growth and success in the biopharmaceutical sector in Korea, as a national hi-tech strategic industry.
- Building an Ecosystem for Homegrown Blockbuster Drugs: The KPBMA is committed to establishing an ecosystem that fosters the creation of new homegrown blockbuster drugs. It aims to support research and development efforts, collaboration between industry stakeholders, and the commercialization of innovative pharmaceutical products.
Did you know? Recently the Indian Drug Manufacturers' Association (IDMA) and the Korea pharmaceutical and Bio-Pharma Manufacturers Association (KPBMA) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to promote cooperation in the pharmaceutical sector.
If you are looking for compliant market entry of generic products in South Korea, it is important to work with experienced professionals who can help you navigate the country's diverse Regulatory systems.
Contact us today!