Europe is among the preferred markets for cosmetics in the world. The notification of the cosmetic products in Europe is monitored by the European Health authority under the regulation EC No. 1223/2009. The regulation aims to harmonize the notification of cosmetics across the European Union (EU) covering 28 EU Member states along with Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein.
According to EC No. 1223/2009, every cosmetic product, before being placed on the market should have a legal or natural person inside EU, known as a Responsible Person (RP) who will be incharge of the safety and documentation of the cosmetic product. The roles and obligations of the same are listed in detail in the 1223/2009. The regulation also set in place a centralised online notification system where the manufacturers only need to notify their products once in order to sell their cosmetic products in the entire EU, known as the Cosmetic Product Notification Portal (CPNP).
Freyr with an exclusive delivery center in UK, supports new market entrants with the updated regulations and for expedited market entry. We also act as Responsible Person (RP) for you throughout the EU.
- Product Classification
- Ingredient Assessment
- Label Compliance and Artwork support
- Claims Review and Consultation
- Product Notification / Registration
- Responsible Person(RP) service
- Regulatory Affairs and Regulatory Intelligence
- Strategic Regulatory Consulting
- End-to-end cosmetic Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of cosmetics like skin care, hair care, infant care, oral care, beauty products
- Act as a Responsible Person (RP) across EU
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different health authorities
- Structured and cost-effective approach to ensure speed to market for the cosmetic products