With modern society becoming increasingly focused on healthy eating, food labeling helps the consumer to make an informed decision. In its simplest form, a food label or dietary supplement label communicates the existing product information to the customer, thus assisting him in understanding the key ingredient, nutritional and safety information he needs to know about the product. Be it the initial product specification, the pack copy or the final artwork approval. Food labeling or development of food supplements label is a complex and challenging process.
Freyr understands the challenges when attempting to create an attractive yet compliant food product label. Assisting organizations with end-to-end labeling services, which includes food and food supplements labeling guidance, Freyr suggests and checks the claims of your product to ensure that it is compliant with the food labeling regulations, for example checking the compliance of the food label as per the US FDA labeling requirements. Freyr has experience in handling the creation of Company Core Data Sheet(CCDS)/Core Safety Information(CSI), and preparation and tracking of Dear Doctor or Dear Health Care Professional (HCP) letters.
Freyr offers food or dietary supplement labeling services for:
Nutrient Content Claims:
Nutritional claims are those which state, suggest or imply that a food product has particular beneficial nutritional properties. This provides the consumer with all the relevant details to make an informed choice, and gives them the ability to choose foods that are well suited to a healthy and balanced diet.
Typically, the nutritional label includes information on energy, calories, fats, carbohydrates, sugars proteins and salt. It is vitally important that all this information is accurate and correct, as all nutritional details must comply with the regulations.
The main change to the nutritional declaration under the mentioned regulation is in the order of the nutrients, and that salt should be declared rather than sodium. In addition, the regulations have certain rules governing the provision of voluntary nutrition information, particularly for the front of pack labeling, the nutritional labeling of non-pre-packaged foods and the energy labeling of alcoholic drinks. Some nutrients are now prohibited to be declared. A nutrient content claim, by implication, characterizes the level of a nutrient in a dietary supplement.
A health claim is complex. It usually states/suggests/implies that a relationship exists between a food category, a food or one of its components and health.
- Health function claims
- Disease risk factor reduction claims
- Special population health claims
- Development and review of nutritional and Health claims
- Development and review of Nutritional Declarations
- Creation and review of product labels for Food & Dietary Supplements
- Creation, updating and reviewing of core food supplement labels as part of food labeling services (Core Summary of Food Product Characteristics)
- Creation of Company Core Data Sheet (CCDS)/Core Safety Information (CSI)
- Preparation and tracking of Dear Doctor or Dear HCP letters
- Resources with in-depth Regulatory knowledge on food labeling regulations
- Expertise in successfully handling global and regional food labeling for Fortune food clients across the globe; USA, EUROPE, APAC, MENA etc.
- Extensive global experience covering diverse Regulatory domains across dietary supplements
- Highly qualified medical writers possessing extensive Regulatory labeling experience
- Dedicated compliance team tracking the status of core and company core data sheet (CDS / CCDS) implementation in regional labels
- In-depth and updated understanding of the global food labeling changes, as required by multiple Health Authorities such as: USFDA, EMA, TGA etc.
- Highly experienced Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Nutrition labeling professionals with sound knowledge on food labeling processes
To streamline end-to-end Regulatory labeling practice from creation to tracking to managing in company of any size, Freyr offers a centralized labeling life cycle management software, Freyr LABEL. Right from creating, tracking and managing company core data sheet (CCDS) deviations, CCDS updates, and developments to creating, implementing, and inspecting multi-lingual regional labels as well as custom reporting. Freyr LABEL puts companies in total control of all their Regulatory labeling compliance needs.
Would you like to decode complete information and gain a first-hand experience of Freyr LABEL?