With modern society becoming increasingly focused towards healthy eating, food labels help the consumer to make an informed decision. In its simplest form, a food label communicates the existing product’s information to the customers, thus assisting them in understanding the key ingredient, nutritional and safety information he needs to know about the product. Be it the initial product specification, the pack copy or the final artwork approval, food labeling is a complex and challenging process.
Freyr understands the challenges your company faces when attempting to create an attractive yet compliant food label. Assisting organizations with end-to-end labeling services, Freyr suggests and checks the claims of your product to ensure that it is compliant with the regulations. Freyr’s has experience in handling the creation of Company Core Data Sheet(CCDS)/Core Safety Information(CSI), and preparation and tracking of Dear Doctor or Dear Health Care Professional (HCP) letters.
Freyr offers food labeling services for:
Nutrient Content Claims
Nutritional claims are those which state, suggest or imply that a food has particular beneficial nutritional properties. This provides the consumer with all the relevant details to make an informed choice about whether to purchase the product or not, and gives them the ability to choose foods that are well suited to a healthy and balanced diet.
Typically, the nutritional label includes information on energy, calories, fats, of which saturates, carbohydrates, sugars proteins and salt. It is vitally important that all this information is accurate and correct, as all nutritional details must comply with the Regulations.
The main change to the nutritional declaration under the mentioned regulation is in the order of the nutrients, and that salt should be declared rather than sodium. In addition, the regulations have certain rules governing the provision of voluntary nutrition information, particularly for the front of pack labeling, the nutritional labeling of non-pre-packaged foods and the energy labeling of alcoholic drinks. Some nutrients are now prohibited to be declared. A nutrient content claim expressly or by implication characterizes the level of a nutrient in a dietary supplement.
A Health claim is complex. It usually states/suggests/implies that a relationship exists between a food category, a food or one of its components and health.
- Health function claims
- Disease risk factor reduction claims
- Special population health claims
- Development and review of nutritional and Health claims
- Development and review of Nutritional Declarations
- Creation and review of product labels for Food and Dietary Supplements
- Creation, updating and reviewing of, core food supplement labels (Core Summary of Food Product Characteristics)
- Creation of Company Core Data Sheet(CCDS)/Core Safety Information(CSI)
- Preparation and tracking of Dear Doctor or Dear HCP letters
- Resources with in-depth Regulatory knowledge
- Expertise in successfully handling global and regional drug labeling for Fortune Pharma clients across the globe; USA, EUROPE, APAC, MENA etc.
- Global Regulatory expertise in covering life sciences organizations viz. Pharma, Biotech, and Nutrition manufacturers
- Highly qualified medical writers possessing extensive Regulatory labeling experience
- In-depth and updated understanding of the global drug labeling changes from multiple Health Authorities such as: USFDA, EMA, TGA etc.
- Dedicated compliance team tracking the status of core and company core data sheet (CDS / CCDS) implementation in regional labels
- Highly experienced Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Nutrition labeling professionals
To streamline end-to-end Regulatory labeling practice from creation to tracking to managing in company of any size, Freyr offers a centralized labeling life cycle management software, Freyr LABEL. Right from creating, tracking and managing company core data sheet (CCDS) deviations, CCDS updates, and developments to creating, implementing, and inspecting multi-lingual regional labels as well as custom reporting. Freyr LABEL puts companies in total control of all their Regulatory labeling compliance needs.
Would you like to decode complete information and gain a first-hand experience of Freyr LABEL?