Cosmetic Product Labeling - Overview
A cosmetic product label is an important feature of a cosmetic product as it provides crucial information about the product. A cosmetic product is considered misbranded if the labeling is false or misleading and the required information is not stated prominently and clearly. Country-specific Health Authorities (HAs) regulate cosmetic product labeling to protect consumers from health hazards and deceptive practices.
A consumer can understand the key details, such as ingredients, directions for use, and product warnings from a product label. A cosmetic label provides an ingredient list and special warning statements on the label. Thus, it helps the consumer identify the ingredients which might be sensitive or allergic.
A cosmetic label allows the consumer to make an informed decision about the product they intend to purchase. Hence, besides being attractive, a label should also comply with the latest cosmetic product labeling requirements.
A cosmetic label typically includes the following mandatory declarations:
- Ingredient List.
- Net Content.
- Product Identity.
- Product Function.
- Directions for Use.
- Expiration Date.
- Batch Number.
The information displayed on the label must be precise, and the key details must comply with the cosmetic labeling requirements of the target market. The information necessary to be displayed on a label differs from region to region. Therefore, it is imperative to comply with the region-specific cosmetic product labeling requirements.
Freyr understands that complying with global labeling regulations is challenging for cosmetics and personal care product companies. We provide end-to-end cosmetic labeling services to manufacturers to meet the cosmetic product labeling requirements of global HAs. Freyr also supports private-label cosmetics in overcoming the challenges posed by global Regulatory Authorities.
Cosmetic Product Labeling - Freyr Expertise
- In-depth cosmetic labeling review.
- Private label cosmetics review.
- Cosmetic claims review.
- Assistance in cosmetic ingredient labeling as per the country-specific International Nomenclature for Cosmetic Ingredient (INCI) names.
- Focus on achieving overall compliance as per the region-specific cosmetic labeling regulations.
- End-to-end region-specific gap analysis for any missing information as per the cosmetic labeling guidelines.
- Claims support testing.
Cosmetic Product Labeling - Freyr Advantages
- Resources with in-depth Regulatory knowledge of cosmetic product labeling requirements.
- Expertise in successfully handling global and regional cosmetic product labeling for clients across the globe.
- Extensive global experience covering diverse Regulatory domains.
- Highly qualified experts with extensive Regulatory labeling experience.
- In-depth and updated understanding of the changing Regulatory landscape of multiple HAs like the USFDA, CDSCO, TGA, etc.