As a critical aspect of product lifecycle management, labeling is one of the complex processes of Life science’s Regulatory environment. Due to constantly evolving Regulatory requirements, organizations must ensure that the product information related to manufacturing, safety and efficacy, mentioned on the labels is controlled by maintaining a central or core reference product information.
A core label (CDS-Core Data Sheet) is an internal Regulatory document which serves as the company’s global reference document for a product. Core Labeling used to communicate the company’s position to appropriate stakeholders worldwide for the inclusion of safety and efficacy information on country-specific labels. A Core label is either prepared before or after the Regulatory approval (or another Regulatory pathway), in order to market a medicinal product worldwide.
The primary information of a Core label is derived from the Investigator Brochure (IB) of a clinical trial and then continually revised by adding more information from Post-marketing sources like Post-marketing safety and efficacy studies and Post Marketing Surveillance data.
The Company Core Data Sheet (CCDS) may also be used as an attachment to a Periodic Safety Update Report (PSUR). In this context, all the safety information mentioned in a CCDS ("Company Core Safety Information" or "CCSI"), or a specifically identified (e.g. by bold print) subset of this safety information, serves as reference information for determining "listedness".
The CIOMS III/V and VI guidelines describe some general criteria regarding the inclusion of safety information in a CCDS/CCSI. However, labeling regulations, guidelines and expectations have significantly changed and have become more specific since the CIOMS III and III/V reports were published. Taking these developments into account is crucial from a Regulatory and legal/litigation point of view. Equally important for the Regulatory viability and defensibility of CCDS and CCSI content, and for global labeling harmonization are carefully drafted and effective rationales as well as supporting documentation (Clinical Overviews).
Freyr’s unique experience in the field of labeling, and Core labeling in particular, makes it an ideal resource for companies that create or revise CCDS and CCSI and harmonize local safety labeling. Freyr has expertise in preparation of label justification documents and global deviation management to enable clients remain prepared for deviations in end result product. Freyr’s experienced labeling team not only tracks the country-specific labeling standards for on-time implementation of the labeling changes, but also provides cost-effective global labeling management consultation.
- Global labeling management
- Create, review and update Investigational Brochure (IB)
- Create, review and update Developmental Core Data Sheet (DCDS)
- Create, review and update Company Core Data Sheet (CCDS) or Core Safety Information (CSI) /Reference Safety Information (RSI)
- Detailed literature search & review to substantiate labeling content
- Create, review and update Clinical Overviews (CO)/Justification Documents (JD)
- Quality Check (QC) of Core labels (IB, DCDS, CCDS, RSI, CO/JD)
- Tracking and implementation of labeling changes
- Label content change control management
- HA query management
- Preparation of label justification documents
- Global deviation management
- Resources with in-depth Regulatory knowledge
- Expertise in successfully handling global and regional drug labeling for Fortune Pharma clients across the globe; USA, EUROPE, APAC, MENA etc.
- Global Regulatory expertise in covering life sciences organizations viz. Pharma, Biotech, and Nutrition manufacturers
- Highly qualified medical writers possessing extensive Regulatory labeling experience
- In-depth and updated understanding of the global labeling changes from multiple Health Authorities such as: USFDA, EMA, TGA etc.
- Dedicated compliance team tracking the status of Core and Company Core Data Sheet (CDS / CCDS) implementation in regional labels
- Highly experienced Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Nutrition labeling professionals
To streamline end-to-end Regulatory labeling practice from creation to tracking to managing in company of any size, Freyr offers a centralized labeling life cycle management software, Freyr LABEL. Right from creating, tracking and managing company core data sheet (CCDS) deviations, CCDS updates, and developments to creating, implementing, and inspecting multi-lingual regional labels as well as custom reporting. Freyr LABEL puts companies in total control of all their Regulatory labeling compliance needs.
Would you like to decode complete information and gain a first-hand experience of Freyr LABEL?