To enter Indian Food market, manufacturers must obtain necessary approvals from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) which monitors the manufacturing, storage, distribution, sale and import of food products for human consumption. Based on the Food Category System, FSSR 2011 and recently introduced Proprietary Foods Guidelines, the FSSAI categorizes food products as:
- Health Supplements
- Foods for Special Dietary Uses (FSDU)
- Special Foods containing plants or botanicals
- Foods containing Probiotics
- Novel Foods
Product approval is necessary for a new product/ingredient that has not been approved for use under the FSS Regulations or non-standardized food products or those products/ ingredients which are not in compliance with the clauses specified under the FSSAI draft notification. To enter the Indian nutraceutical market, some very important areas to focus on include product evaluation, actual product analysis, procuring licenses and developing Indian-specific health and label claims.
With comprehensive Intelligence on local market and Regulatory landscape, Freyr helps new market entrants right from product classification to expedited market-entry. Freyr Regulatory assistance for Nutraceuticals in India include analysing the product ingredients, reviewing label & claims, providing legal representation services etc.
- Product Classification
- Ingredient Analysis
- Product Approval
- Label & Claims Review (Label Validation)
- Novel Food Registration
- Legal Representation Service
- Promotional Claims
- Regulatory Strategy Pathway
- End-to-end Regulatory consultation
- Qualified team of experts with hands-on experience across all categories of foods like health supplements, dietary supplements, nutraceuticals, health functional foods, health functional beverages, foods for special dietary use, etc.
- Support for region specific Regulatory complexities
- Extensive partner network across the globe
- Strong relationship with different Health Authorities