CDISC Legacy Data Conversions – Overview
Study data is information about a person or animal in a clinical or non-clinical trial. It includes demographic information, details of the medical treatment (if applicable), descriptions of the participant’s progress, and other relevant information. If the same attribute information is captured for animals, it is considered non-clinical data. CDISC Legacy Data Conversion is one of the stand methods suggested in the Legacy conversion studies for exchanging clinical and non-clinical research data among computer systems.
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) may refuse to file New Drug Applications (NDA) or Biological License Applications (BLAs) and may refuse to receive Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDA) if the study data submitted to the Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER) and the Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research (CBER) is not on par with the data standards. As part of a collaborative effort between the FDA and the nonprofit Clinical Data Interchange Standards Consortium (CDISC legacy data conversion), the following study data standards have been developed for effective legacy data conversions:
- CDISC Legacy Data Conversion Standard for Exchange of Nonclinical Data (SEND) for nonclinical data.
- CDISC legacy Data Conversion Study Data Tabulation Model (SDTM) for clinical data standards.
- CDISC Legacy Data Conversion Analysis Data Model (ADaM) for analysis of clinical data standards.
- CDISC Case Report Tabulation Data Definition Specification (Define-XML) for the metadata that accompanies SEND, SDTM, and ADaM datasets.
- FDA is supporting efforts to develop clinical terminology standards for therapeutic areas within the SDTM.
- SDTM will be updated periodically to include new and revised standards for specific therapeutic areas.
For effective CDISC legacy data conversions and study data analysis, Freyr helps organizations navigate end-to-end publishing and submissions.
CDISC Legacy Data Conversions – Freyr Expertise
- Enhanced innovation
- Facilitated data sharing for legacy conversions
- Maximizing the value of clinical study data
- Complete traceability
- Improved data quality
- Streamlined processes
CDISC Legacy Data Conversions – Freyr Advantages
- Fostered efficiency
- Faster FDA submissions
- Reducing the CDISC conversions-cycle-times and costs
Unlock the Power of Standardized Legacy Data Conversions
For faster, compliant and seamless submissions, Freyr offers an in-house eCTD tool Freyr SUBMIT PRO. Freyr SUBMIT PRO suits all your submission requirements across the globe and supports regional formats. To know more about Freyr SUBMIT PRO, gain a comprehensive overview at: